GC2018 Travel Advice For Business Program
The GC2018 Travel Advice for Business Program is being developed and led by the City of Gold Coast in partnership with the Department of Transport and Main Roads and the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Organising Corporation (GOLDOC).
The GC2018 Travel Advice for Business Program will offer free, practical support to businesses such as yours, to help you understand the impact of GC2018 on your business. The program will help you plan appropriately, enabling you to take advantage of opportunities associated with hosting such an iconic event.
During the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games we will experience pressure on all transport networks, creating challenges for anyone travelling during this period. Residents, visitors and businesses will all need to plan ahead and be prepared to change usual transport habits, especially those trips made by car.
To keep your business moving during the Games we are asking you to consider:
- Reducing travel during the Games period
- Re-timing travel to outside peak times
- Re-moding travel by cycling or walking – it might be faster than your normal mode of travel
- Re-routing travel to avoid transport hotspots.
The program will be led by the GC2018 Travel Advice for Business team. They will be available to support you through your Games planning process.
According to your business’ size and location, we can offer support in many ways, including:
- one on one engagement sessions
- guest speaker slots at your events
- drop-in sessions
- workplace e-newsletters
- additional tools to assist you with the planning process.