Brisbane Outdoor Table Tennis Tables
Table Tennis is one of the most accessible Commonwealth Games sports which allows participation for a range of fitness levels and ages.
The installation of 12 public table tennis tables in Brisbane parks provides an environment where different cultures and demographics can come together in public spaces to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle.
The new table tennis tables are located at:
- Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park (lower), Kangaroo Point
- Guyatt Park, St Lucia
- Orleigh Park, West End
- Downey Park, Windsor
- E.E. McCaskie Oval, Kelvin Grove
- W.A. Jolly Park, Lutwyche
- Graceville Riverside Parklands – Simpsons Playground, Graceville
- Oriel Park, Ascot
- Yimbun Park, Sunnybank
- Teralba Park, Everton Park
- Kuringgai Park, Fitzgibbon
- Greenways Esplanade Park, Parkinson.
Bats and balls are available for hire from Brisbane City Council ward offices.
The delivery of the tables is part of the Public Domain Improvement Program (PDIP), which funds minor capital works to deliver a range of long lasting benefits to the community as well as ensuring the best possible experience for visitors during the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018).
The Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games will transform the Gold Coast and Queensland by creating benefits for our communities before, during and after the 11 days of competition. These are the benefits that this initiative will bring to Queenslanders across our state:
- GC2018 creates opportunities for permanent legacy benefits from infrastructure improvements
- GC2018 inspires Australians to become healthier and happier through an active lifestyle and physical activity.