Broadbeach Event Space Deck, Kurrawa Park
A large deck located alongside the beach at Kurrawa Park and opposite Broadbeach Mall has become an integral part of the boardwalk, beach and park experience. It capitalises on the surrounding coastal vegetation and direct connection to groomed sand, resulting in a place that responds to the setting and creates a sense of place.
Innovative design and detailing has ensured the infrastructure caters to the needs of the event industry, while creating an asset that provides added benefit and comfort to recreational users of the park. This project provides a flexible space where marquees can be erected to enable a range of activities from fine dining to live entertainment, all year round.
The 20m x 20m timber deck has the following event-enabling infrastructure:
- permanent service connections including 3-phase power and water
- area and architectural lighting to the infrastructure and beach
- adaptable and removable shade for community use and events, including consideration of storing elements not in use
- ability to accommodate marquees and bleachers for events
- enabled to receive a data supply in the future
The Public Domain Improvement Program (PDIP) funds minor capital works to deliver a range of long lasting benefits to the community as well as ensuring the best possible experience for visitors during the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018).
The Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games will transform the Gold Coast and Queensland by creating benefits for our communities before, during and after the 11 days of competition. These are the benefits that this initiative will bring to Queenslanders both within the Gold Coast and across our state:
- GC2018 creates opportunities for permanent legacy benefits from infrastructure improvements.
- Through GC2018 creative talent and culturally diverse communities throughout Queensland are celebrated.
Kurrawa Park, Old Burleigh Road,
Broadbeach QLD 4218