Pedestrian Link – Broadbeach South Light Rail Station to Pratten Park
This project, completed at the end of January 2018, improves access, amenity and safety of pedestrians travelling from Broadbeach South Light Rail Station through to the Broadbeach centre, Pratten Park and the foreshore.
- Improving the pedestrian crossing at Gold Coast Highway and Margaret Avenue with enhanced pedestrian protection and build outs, as well as modifications to traffic signals to reduce queueing
- Signalisation of the existing roundabout at Margaret Avenue and Surf Parade
- Footpath improvements along Margaret Avenue.
The Public Domain Improvement Program (PDIP) funds minor capital works to deliver a range of long lasting benefits to the community as well as ensuring the best possible experience for visitors during the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018).
Active transport is a key pillar of transport planning for GC2018, with a legacy to see a long-term increase in public and active transport use on the Gold Coast.
The Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games will transform the Gold Coast and Queensland by creating benefits for our communities before, during and after the 11 days of competition. These are the benefits that this initiative will bring to Queenslanders both within the Gold Coast and across our state:
- GC2018 creates opportunities for permanent legacy benefits from infrastructure improvements.
- GC2018 provides the city with more active travel and public transport options resulting in greater connectivity.
Broadbeach QLD 4218