Be My Guest online learning program
The Be My Guest Program was originally created as part of the Embracing 2018 Legacy Program to prepare our tourism, hospitality and wider business community for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018).
While the Games may be over this online learning program can helps us all drive service excellence across Queensland by ensuring an exceptional WOW guest experience.
Allow your pride and passion for your region to shine through and continue to raise the levels of service quality in Queensland. The ultimate welcome is one that shines from the hearts of the hosts, genuine, honest and true.
Watch this YouTube video featuring proud and passionate Gold Coast locals. What are you proud of in your region?
Please take the time to read through the following sections, watch the videos and consider how you can apply the same passion for your region in your interactions with guests.
Completing this online learning program will take approximately one - two hours. You can download the Be My Guest key principles to keep with your training manuals and for referral back to the key elements of your WOW guest experience.
- Lessons from Athletes: Motivation to continue to be at our best
- Legacy for our community and destination
- For our future guests
- What's in it for you to consistently deliver a WOW guest experience
- Value for you, your guests and your community
- Working together as one team
- Job opportunities
- Careers in tourism and hospitality
- A tourism professional's perspective on use of guest
- Customer service vs guest experience – is there a difference?
- Definition of customer service
- Definition of guest experience
- Tourism professional's perspective on customer service vs guest experience
- Where do you go to learn more about your region or other regions of Queensland
- Gold Coast
- Townsville North Queensland
- Cairns and Tropical North Queensland
- Social media and local recommendations of hidden gems
- Your ordinary is another's extraordinary
- Basics of storytelling
- Storytelling by locals
- Understanding guests from different nations
- Are you and your organisation inclusive?
- The Fred Factor by Mark Sanborn
- WAT is delivering the WOW guest experience
- Call to action