Be My Guest online learning program
The Be My Guest Program was originally created as part of the Embracing 2018 Legacy Program to prepare the Queensland tourism, hospitality and wider business communities for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018).
While the Games may be over, this online learning program continues to help us all drive service excellence across Queensland, now and into the future, by ensuring we deliver an exceptional guest experience.
The ultimate welcome for guests to Queensland is one that shines from the hearts of the hosts and is genuine, honest and true. Allow your pride and passion for your region to shine through and continue to raise the levels of service quality in Queensland.
What are you proud of in your region? Watch the following YouTube video featuring proud and passionate Gold Coast locals.
Take the time now to complete the online learning program; we recommend allowing approximately two hours for completion.
You can work through the resources, watch the videos and read the content at your own pace. The program is free and available for everyone to complete.
Why not download the Be My Guest principles to keep with your training manuals – this is a great resource for you to refer back to at any time.
- Lessons from Athletes: Motivation to continue to be at our best
- Legacy for our community and destination
- For our future guests
- What's in it for you to consistently deliver a WOW guest experience
- Value for you, your guests and your community
- Working together as one team
- Job opportunities
- Careers in tourism and hospitality
- A tourism professional's perspective on use of guest
- Customer service vs guest experience – is there a difference?
- Definition of customer service
- Definition of guest experience
- Tourism professional's perspective on customer service vs guest experience
- Where do you go to learn more about your region or other regions of Queensland
- Gold Coast
- Townsville North Queensland
- Cairns and Tropical North Queensland
- Social media and local recommendations of hidden gems
- Your ordinary is another's extraordinary
- Basics of storytelling
- Storytelling by locals
- Understanding guests from different nations
- Are you and your organisation inclusive?
- The Fred Factor by Mark Sanborn
- WAT is delivering the WOW guest experience
- Call to action