Inbound program highlights
- May 2017: showcased Queensland's investment opportunities to a delegation from China's Torch High Technology Industry Development.
- September 2017: engaged with the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council CEO who visited Queensland from London ahead of returning in April 2018.
- October 2017: presented on the linkages between the Trade 2018 Games Time Trade and Investment Program and commercialising opportunities across the bio-economy at The Australian Bio-energy and Bio-products Symposium (TABBS). The TABBS conference was held in Gladstone, Rockhampton, Mackay and Townsville with a wider event in Brisbane that included more than 250 attendees from more than a dozen international markets.
- November 2017: participated in the Northern Australia Investment Forum, held in Cairns from 19-21 November 2017 to showcase the Trade 2018 program as part of the Queensland pavilion. The conference attracted 180 international investors and 200 Australian corporates, who collectively represented 100 companies from 25 different countries. The conference proved to be a great platform to engage investors and stakeholder representatives with opportunities in Queensland and to boost the profile of the Trade 2018 program.
- November 2017: attended TropAG2017 in November this year, an event where over 700 delegates from 50 countries gathered in Brisbane. Discussions on research and innovation, across plant, animal and food sciences took place, specifically highlighting the opportunities GC2018 will bring Queensland thanks to the Trade 2018 program.