Trade 2018 has included focused activity in key Commonwealth markets via business receptions and investor briefings run concurrently with the Queen's Baton Relay.
Trade 2018 highlights so far include:
- London: launch of Trade 2018 and an investor event to highlight the Gold Coast Health and Knowledge Precinct.
- Canada (July-August 2017): visits to Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver to talk with the Canadian Government and industry officials about Queensland’s Trade 2018 initiatives. Key events included the Bio World Industrial Congress, Gold Coast Health and Knowledge showcase events, Trade 2018 Reception.
- India (October 2017: meetings with lead industry and tourism investment organisations and tourism investment, and high profile Trade 2018 keys events including the Trade 2018 Sports Forum, Queensland Reception Official Dinner and Panel Discussion, Study Gold Coast Education Showcase.
- Malaysia (October 2017): a meeting program with key partners and industry organisations, and events including Study Gold Coast Showcase, Official QBR Reception hosted by the Australian High Commissioner and Malaysia Australia Business Council Annual Gala Dinner.
- Singapore (October 2017): a meeting program complemented by key events of Study Gold Coast Showcase, Queensland Investment Roundtable, Trade 2018 Reception, Queensland Commonwealth Alliance of Youth Entrepreneurs (CAYE) – Asia Roundtable and a site visit to Singtel FutureNow Innovation Centre
- New Zealand (December 2017): Engagement with the Trans-Tasman Business Circle to deliver the Trade 2018 Business Lunch focused on opportunities for Pacific countries.
- Papua New Guinea (December 2017): With a targeted agribusiness focus, key events included PNG Emerging Leaders Mentoring Session, QBR Reception and the Value of Sport Showcase.